Saturday, October 1, 2011

While I was away at play...

...my home deteriorated.

Christian Science Monitor:
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0929/Alabama-life-already-changing-under-tough-immigration-law

San Francisco Chronicle:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/30/MNVJ1LBST8.DTL 

I'm starting to wonder about things like poisoning trees. That really put the cap on things for me for some reason. It was happiness for the people around me for a great accomplishment, then hate filled opposition. And I'm wondering in general about people hating each other over, yes, particularly sports but also anything else that makes them feel a part of a group that needs to hate another group. I'm wondering about politicians representing only the rich, who use hate filled issues like this immigration law to divide us from our best interests. It has been ever so... And I'm wondering about the investment banks trying to absolve themselves with a measly $25 billion from crimes that would put any of the rest of us in jail. There is one particular thing that has happened in the last few days that makes all of this hit home like a ton of bricks.

I'm old and I'm tired.

I'll try to lighten up but... it doesn't help. Things just get worse.