Monday, November 29, 2010

Quiet Events

Quietly Accept Events as they Occur
Don't demand that events happen as you would wish them to. Accept events as they actually happen. That way peace is possible. - Epictetus

It would be appropriate to have a quiet blank entry now but I'll push ahead. :)

I need to re-edit Nudging part 1.  Tons of mistakes in there and after all, it is the first part of my preface towards my grand economic theory.  And it's awful, but I'll try to edit some life into it when I get time. Time has been running a little off kilter because...

Thanksgiving occurred and it was a very good one. I truly enjoyed my family.

Meanwhile I bought one Black Friday present for myself which I hope is not coming my way in duplicate for Christmas. I bought a Sony Ebook Reader. The pocket edition is really the perfect size and I have been reading like crazy ever since. I found this program named Calibre that is just what I would expect from the open source community. It awesomely organizes ebooks and even downloads free news feeds from the likes of Business Week, USA Today, etc.  The open-source literary community is obviously putting some time into transforming free content from the Internet into format friendly e-magazines and e-newspapers.

As I librarian I should have realized that an ebook reader would be fantastic, but I'm usually slow to accept new things. Yet I am awed by how wonderful recent events have been.  Shhhhhh.