Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Within

"Within our control are our own opinions, aspirations, desires, and things that repel us. These areas are quite rightly our concern, because they are directly subject to our influence. We always have a choice about the contents of our inner character." - Epictetus
So, I went for a walk. I listened to some music. I feel much better now.

There is a part of my walk that I have missed because I did not usually go far enough down a street that was often noisy with cars. Today there were not many cars, and I listen to my music louder now because my ears are better and seem able to handle a normal volume again. So I decided to go a little farther. Past the part where I would normally turn back was a park. It was about the size of a house lot but too narrow for a house and backed up against a stream.

It is a nice park dedicated to the memory of someone and it was just a little farther down the road.