Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sheep

Last night, the night of the capture of the last Boston Marathon bombing suspect, I was laying in bed just about to nod off with happy Boston songs playing on my laptop when I read the news that they were not going to Mirandize the suspect.

Somehow, this was a major letdown that kept nagging at me until I posted about it on Facebook. I was trying to place this odd feeling from the past. I think it was similar to losing my first girlfriend or possibly my divorce. Facebook would have been great back then... Thoughts kept spinning and I thought that I knew enough to avoid this. Ambien, take me away.

I haven't had the inclination to look the news story up this morning to see if this was just some sort of nightmarish but malleable fact of the 24 hour news virus, or for real. I only knew that our Constitution was not the same if this were true. It has been ripped into shreds for a while now, that is really nothing new. But this was sort of like they were taking the shreds left over and burning them, never to be reassembled.

I supposed, as I drifted off to sleep, -sheep1- that there was -sheep 2- a Law & Order episode -sheep 3- that set this up somewhere.