Sunday, April 3, 2011

My Actual Bulwer-Lytton Contest Submission

Her wintry gray hair whipped around my face as if propelled by the sudden gust of an arctic breeze that rushes from a quickly opened freezer door; this, as our motorcycle slipped it's kickstand and dropped us to the icy curb just under the supermarket's roof draining downspout.

My favorite, not penned by me:

She walked into my office on legs as long as one of those long-legged birds that you see in Florida – the pink ones, not the white ones – except that she was standing on both of them, not just one of them, like those birds, the pink ones, and she wasn’t wearing pink, but I knew right away that she was trouble, which those birds usually aren’t.  -Eric Rice

this, as I decided to end this foolishness and await my 53rd birthday which haphazardly follows at the tail end of this foolishly inaugurated month.

http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/
From Scott Rice who runs the contest: "Your submission has arrived and will receive the treatment it deserves."

:)